We continue our series of articles where we show you how to create your own mobile games for Android. In Part 2 we move on to the installation process of Eclipse (IDE).
1. Start by downloading the latest standard Eclipse build here.
2. Execute the launch file and then choose the workspace by browsing for previously created folder titled "test-game".
3. In the open workspace we should choose "Workbench", in order to import our projects by doing the following: File->Import->Existing projects into workspace.
4. Press "Next". Here choose "Select root directory" and browse for the folder titled "test-game", select it and press "OK."
5. Select all of your projects (there should be 3 of them) and press "Finish".
6. After you've finished importing projects, in the left screen of Eclipse workspace (project tree) look for "test-game-desktop"->"src"->"Main.java" and double-click it.
7. Run it to test it, do the following: Run->Run as->Java application. That's it.
In our next tutorial we will look inside the project's code and learn its structure.
You can find Part 1 of this tutorial here.
What do you think about How to Make Android Games. Part 2.? Please, leave your comments in the section below.
Share this article with your friends: